Stuff and Thoughts by -

My photo
About me ? Ah! I never get this right away. Filling up the 'About Me' section has been a difficulty of all times. I start with something and end up with what you are reading now. After having used the backspace key ten to fifteen times, i spare you all and stop here.(I guess you've now known a little ABOUT ME.)

Sunday, December 20, 2009

Saak Banavis


Today was my "Saak Banavis" day..

Mmi was out today on a picnic which has always been a peeve for me.
1. I didn't go.
2. I decided to cook myself.
3. I entered the kitchen.
4. Started with the very thought of "Aloo".
5. (Oops !)Called Ankita-

Convo 1-
I : abe ek jan ke liye aaaloo ki sabji banao to kitne aaloo lagte hain ?
She : depends (as if she knows the answer)
I : aunty ko puch.
She : do aaloo medium size.

6. Cooked d Saak.
7. Felt Proud for 2 minutes coz it appeared Awesome.
8. Called Ankita-

Convo 2-
I : Aunty ko phone de.(smart this time)
I : 5 roti(yes i finished all five) banane ke liye kitna aata chahiye aunty ?
Aunty : Exams ke baad ghar ana beta kuch din ke liye...(Out Of the Blue)...

9. Rotla(too unestablished to term as ROti) banavya.
10. Had what i made.

Feedback :
I was taken aback to realize that the saak which appeared awesome..usme Oil zyada, Namak kam, Haldi Zyada aur bahut kuch unwished tha..

ROtla were good only in shape (i took a snap in case anyone doubts..More coz it was first in a lifetime) but edible after drenched in Ghee..

4 comments:

  1. awesome!!!!
    congrats lehra...put up the snap of the rotla!!

    mi to joi ne bau aj khush thai gai hase =)
    niceeeeeee....

    bhupi: "ho ho ho.."

    ReplyDelete
  2. mummy na jova saru kai bachavi nai...paanche rotla ane puru saak khayi gayi..

    ReplyDelete
  3. good job...dsn't look bad at all...nice. surprisingly round rotlas for a first timer =P

    ReplyDelete
  4. superb. u did it. but i doubt all that ghee wld be sticking to ur body

    ReplyDelete